Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Straightening the frame

Spent today trying to square up the frame. Last night I realized I needed to let the panel do what it wanted to do. My flattish spot wasent loft e aptly right and to make the curve the panel needed to be pulled in a little less at the chine. I fit my rear a stations as they had been in prior, loosened the screws at the front and back bulkheads right at the chine line which faired out the curve on the panel . Once I get the boat upside down I will eye it out with a better perspective and make sure it is fair. I ran a  16' 1x4 strip of mdf baseboard down the top center line of the boat. Got the font attached, and the frame squared up. Tonight ill finish squaring up the back and bolting everything together, then its time to get a few dudes over here to help me flip this thing.

Been thinking about getting the other trailer dialed lately too. I can use it in the meanwhile. It needs some work. Thinking of making a small flat bed, and leave the carpeted front bunk, reattach the side bunks after. I also needs news light and a roller setup but I am thinking of making one out of some of this 1.75" galvy pipe I have. The last roller I built was PVC over galvy pipe, but I used a smaller diameter inner pipe which bent over time. Back to the drawing board....






No comments:

Post a Comment