Monday, July 7, 2014

Lid hatch

Been molding hatch lids. It's been a learning experience. Sofar almost all of them have had defects, air bubbles, prereleases, etc. I'm learning the best way to get the glass to behave and how to use my thickened coat for better  coy tours in the hard corners. I also realized I need to stick with slow hardener even tho I am impatient. Ill use fast to core them, then we'll see about the top layup. I may try and find some helpers and use fast hardener, but I'm u decided. Sofar had much better results with slow. Here's some random pics. All three big hatch skins are done. One has a 3/4 tall trim to make up for the 1/4" I cut out by coring this hatch with foam instead of plascore. This will hopefully give me the little bit of extra height I need to fit in my engel cooler. We'll pray it all works out. Here's a few more pics. 

Mold with 3/4" melamine inner mold for rowers drybox hatch lid


Modeling clay fillets


Better look at the trim and corners


Last big skin in the bag


Epic Teton sunset at the boatshop






No comments:

Post a Comment