Friday, December 12, 2014

Dry fit continues

Warm weather in Jackson has allowed me to get back outside and push on assembly. I've been working on dry fitting the deck panels in the rear. My back deck got screwed up when I first glassed it so i had to split it into pieces to make it all fit. This left a pretty sizable gap between the deck and the side panel. I glued corecell strips to fill the gap. I also glued 3/4 coosa
board cleats along the side panels to cut the span in half.

Dry fit of rear coamings and supports.


Front deck dry fit


Starting to look like a boat with all these pieces mocked up.


Gluing in the front coaming supports. They were far down the side panel so I had to get creative with the clamping.


Back  coamings glued up with cleats in place


Glueing the rear most deck segment and supports for the next piece. Using my old world clamping method to weigh it all down.


Rear deck segments all dry fit and mocked up with hatch lids for dry fit



Dry fit mostly complete. Just a little more assembly to go.


Since it's so cold I need to get creative with the temperature control. I can only keep the kerosene heater going for so long before it starts getting expensive so I use it to heat while I work, then use cardboard and plastic to make a little make shift hot box over my area with a space heater inside


Planning for breast hook, transom knees, and gunwales!


Getting there!






No comments:

Post a Comment