Sunday, April 28, 2013

Shop work

Good progress today. Been out the last couple days. Skied static peak on Friday, then went fishing on Saturday. Got into a nice fish right in the first bank run. Got her right out of the fast water chasing a streamer.

Today I went over and checked out the new Briggs dory that Jeremy Christensen built. Nice looking boat and great finish work. Chatted canyon with Dobb's who is taking the boat down next week. Got home, and got the vacuum pump working. Turns out I needed to adjust the vacuum controller. Got it holding 20 inches of mercury in the shop which is about the most I can pull at this elevation. Seems to work good. Still smells like propane and bleach when it evacuates but I guess that's how it's gonna be. I did some work around the shop to make my life easier. Built a shelf up on the high supports that were already there to get all the excess glass out of the way. I built a rack to hold rolls right below the work bench. The rolls hang between to support joints on a removable line. There are slots for 3 rolls, and maybe one more. This will make it much easier to pull long pieces of glass off the roll. I also found an old metal tabletop on the side of the garage. I rigged up a joist and a catch so that the table top rests on the support joist held in place. Found an old support in he wood shed about the right height to support the front. Held the two pieces together with a clamp. Instant table, and it breaks down to nothing in about 2 seconds. Should make life much better for the mix monkey.

Ready to start glassing, pump is working and tested. Have all the materials. Start soon!






























No comments:

Post a Comment