Friday, April 5, 2013

Side panels glued up

Got out to the shop this am, and mixed up some epoxy cabosil. I hit all the end grains of the foam again wi the thickened mixture, wiped the joints down with a paper towel, and then proceeded to packing tape the halves together. It actually worked very well for holding things in place and keeping the halves aligned and level. I then leveled the panels and aligned them on the 4x16 floor. I used an old world clamping technique to hold my board in place weighted over the joint. Ill unwrap my package in 48 hours. In the meantime I got my drill today so ill work on the Pump base some more, and try and get it wired up. I ordered a real vacuum filter today. I couldn't find one locally, and wasent able to get any help finding an alternative, so I had to order one from the veneer supplies site. I didn't have much luck getting any help rigging my Mac valve either, since I have no clue how these things work and neither did the guy who designed the vacuum press setup, I had to throw down on another valve so it will be a few days on that too. It's looking doubtful ill get anything glassed before I leave for Moab next sat, so ill try and tie up all the loose ends so I can glass as soon as I get back.



No comments:

Post a Comment