Friday, March 29, 2013

Determined to get something done

When I woke up today it looked like a subpar day for skiing. My partner bailed early this am, but I sat around wishing I could get something done today. Waiting on the big glass order to get here from raka and fiberglass supply.I decided to go out into the shop and at least cut a temporary bulkhead former. One thing that is for certain, I need a 53" widex79" beam bulkhead dead center on the sheer line. This had been a constant, so I figured why not do something. The other chip board pieces i have for temporaries are on the floor in The garage so i can work with the corecell in the next few days. once i get the side panels glassed ill pull that floor and use those pieces for temporary formers. I fired up the stove, and got to work. I have chose to lop the chine corners off and reassemble the two pieces with a shim between. This will allow me to get into the chine area should I need to glass or fillet with any of the formers in place. I built shims and plywood mending plates for all 6 conceivable bulkhead locations. Ill probably lop the tops of the bulkhead formers off just shy of the gunwale line so i can tacky tape the edge to bag the side panels. With temporary bulkheads and spanners ill probably have about 8-9 locations. Ill wire in the final dimensions when I get to full scale. Next formers to make are the 52" width, 78" beam stations that go 1.5' in front and behind the center bulkhead to create a flattish area that has consistent flair but no parallel chine. Tonight ill build a jig to use a box cutter to cut my 1/2" corecell side panels to shape, and ponder the best way to join the panels.






No comments:

Post a Comment