Thursday, March 28, 2013

Models

Getting the lines refined before I glass up the panels and go full scale. I'm almost where I want to be. I want to narrow the tail slightly and pull a little rocker down just behind the flat spot with a little less flair, probably split the differance in flair angles between station 5 and the transom for station 6, then dial in the final width. I may make one more model with 1" of chine dish, well see. Then it's time to go full size. i have a little time to decide, but its sbout time to get started bagging the side panels and get to some assembly

The design is a 17x54 hiside mckenzie with a curved stem and transom bottom. It has a 3 ft flattish spot in the center. It carries the same flair in the 3 bulkheads thru the 3 foot section. But the center of the three bulkheads is an inch wider than the outer bulkheads. This creates a flattish spot but with no parallel chine. The stem has an arc about 1.5" deep cut from straight with a 16.5 cutback along the sheer. The arc pulls the floor up right at the stem bottom and raises the tip slightyly. its functional snd asthetic. The transom is a 10" cut along the sheer and has a 6" radius cut along the bottom corner of the panel. I tried to keep a lot of width thru the center section. I like the idea of short and fat.

The boat will be fully decked Grand Canyon style but will also fish 2 people and seat 4 people comfortably. It will self bail although the front passenger well will bail with a pump.

The other boat in the pictures is a ray heater 17x54 I pulled measurements off of. I built a model of it just so I could have something else to help visualize what I was doing with my models and to give some perspective. I have built a lot of models now. Really starting to refine the lines and get them wired. After 10 or so you just fly thru them. Hoping when it's time to go full size ill be just as fast














No comments:

Post a Comment