Saturday, March 30, 2013

Materials are here

Flurry of activity yesterday afternoon at the old boat shop. Got a jig cut for a box cutter to cut side panels. Found a 10 ft strip of baseboard that's actually straight to use as a guide for me jig. Ups and FedEx both came with packages yesterday. Fiberglass from either side of the country. Glass and poly from raka. biax, tape, and peelply from fiberglass supply and some random other pieces. My box of discount 8 oz e glass scraps from eBay arrived a few days ago. Still waiting on the vacuum bag supplies to start glassing. But in the meantime ill cut and try and glue the side panels. Just realized today I forgot to order fillers..silica and microballoons. Ill need that stuff if I am gonna use epoxy to join the side panels. I may use sikaflex caulk, but that will put the side panels out of commission for a bit while the glue dries. Also realized I need a few more yards of biax tape. And real bagging film and tack tape.There's probably a few other things I forgot. Ill have to get my act together on Monday ordering the last bit of stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment