Saturday, May 11, 2013

Temporary formers

Spent the last few days making sawdust in the shop. I pulled the chipboard floor in the shop and turned it into two 52 wide x 78 beam bulkheads. I assembled that and the 53wide x 79 beam bulkhead that goes dead center on the sheer line. I cut a false transom that ill wrap in visquuen and glass over. I also built 4 temporary adjustable ribs similar to what sandy at Montana riverboats uses. I've realized that while my model is close, when I blow it up 12x the size, some things might need some tweaking. These will allow for some adjustment. Ill need to loft these formers full size to make sure the angles are even on both side pieces before i drop them in the hull. 

I need to build a few little jigs and shims to hold things in place while I assemble the shape.  Ill use rope to square things up, then flip the boat over and start lofting out the bottom shape. Getting there. The shop is about to get real crowded.




No comments:

Post a Comment